Feedback on Fleischman

Discussion related to pomegranate growing, cultivation, varieties, heirlooms, etc.
greenfig

Feedback on Fleischman

Post by greenfig »

I just got a small Fleishman Fleischman tree ( as an add on done by a vendor since my primary order was too small).
Does anyone have it? How do you like this pom?
USDA z 10a, SoCal, near Los Angeles
alanmercieca

Re: Feedback on Fleischman

Post by alanmercieca »

Looks like you have spelled it wrong, the usda germplasm stopped working right after scheduled maintenance, although I have the following in my notes. I think that I got the information from the germplasm

"DPUN028 Fleischman (Very rare) strong fruity flavor. Medium sized pink fruit with pink arils. Sweetsoft-seeded variety. Selected by Paul Thompsonof CRFG. Pink fruit with very mild tasty soft light pinkarils. Juicy and fruity. Vigorous plant with large fruit and soft seeds, very sweet. Selected and named by Paul H. Thompson in Fallbrook, SanDiego County, California. Large round, sweet fruits with pink skin and pink flesh. Seeds are soft. Vigorous plant with large fruit. Bred by Paul Thompson in Fallbrook, San Diego County, California."
greenfig

Post by greenfig »

Thanks for noticing the misspelling!

I have read the descriptions but was more interested in a real life feedback. For example, you read that Desertnyi has citrus overtones but it’s not even close to the flavor of a ripe fruit.
USDA z 10a, SoCal, near Los Angeles
alanmercieca

Post by alanmercieca »

Also as you know different climates, different soils, different nutrients, different year, different time of year, can also effect taste.