Pomegranate Festival?

Local horticulture, scion exchanges, festivals, seminars, and events for all types of plant growing.
killualovespoms

Pomegranate Festival?

Post by killualovespoms »

Hi, newer here to the group. I was wondering if anyone here knows of a pomegranate festival where they have a bunch or varieties/foods of pomegranate. I live in CA and went to one in Madera this year and I was extremely disappointed. There was ONE pomegranate vendor and they weren’t even aware of which kind of pomegranate they were selling. Really want to be able to taste different varieties.
alanmercieca

Re: Pomegranate Festival?

Post by alanmercieca »

'California Rare Fruit Growers' has a pomegranate and persimmon tasting event every year at the UC Davis 'Wolfskill Experimental Orchard' in the winter, well they did not have it for years because of covid, yet I think that it's running again. I think that you have to be a member of 'California Rare Fruit Growers' to attend. The only Pomegranate Festival I know of is in Europe.
pombazaar
Administrator

Post by pombazaar »

I second this. The best event to attend in CA would probably be through California Rare Fruit Growers. We are tentatively planning a tour of Wolfskill in 2023 which will be a separate event from CRFG if enough people here are interested.
killualovespoms

Post by killualovespoms »

Got it - guess I’ll have to join the group lol